16th Edition of the European Conference on Logics in Artificial Intelligence
May 7-11, 2019, Rende, Italy
Welcome to JELIA 2019, the 16th edition of the European Conference on Logics in Artificial Intelligence, to be held in Cosenza by the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Calabria.
Logics have, for many years, laid claim to providing a formal basis for the study and development of applications and systems in Artificial Intelligence. With the depth and maturity of formalisms, methodologies, and logic-based systems today, this claim is stronger than ever.
The European Conference on Logics in Artificial Intelligence (or Journées Européennes sur la Logique en Intelligence Artificielle - JELIA) began back in 1988, as a workshop, in response to the need for a European forum for the discussion of emerging work in this field. Since then, JELIA has been organised biennially, with proceedings published in the Springer-Verlag series Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence. Previous meetings took place in Roscoff, France (1988), Amsterdam, Netherlands (1990), Berlin, Germany (1992), York, UK (1994), Évora, Portugal (1996), Dagstuhl, Germany (1998), Málaga, Spain (2000), Cosenza, Italy (2002), Lisbon, Portugal (2004), Liverpool, UK (2006), Dresden, Germany (2008), Helsinki, Finland (2010), Toulouse, France (2012), Madeira, Portugal (2014), Larnaca, Cyprus (2016).
The increasing interest in this forum, its international level with growing participation from researchers outside Europe, and the overall technical quality, has turned JELIA into a major biennial forum for the discussion of logic-based approaches to artificial intelligence.
- 2019 05 11: Jelia 2019 is OVER! Thank you to all for joining us. Video from the public closing event are available HERE.
- 2019 05 06: Public event "Intelligenza Artificiale: Etica, Opportunità, Insidie": free reservations start TODAY! See the dedicated page HERE.
- 2019 05 02: have a look at our sponsors HERE.
- 2019 04 15: program has been updated! Find the current, up-to-date version HERE.
- 2019 04 04: info about the closing event (May 11th, 2019) available. Have a look at the dedicated page HERE.
- 2019 03 31: early registration closes. Registrations still opens until April 30th, 2019. Head to the registration page for further info.
- 2019 02 28: registrations now open! Info HERE.